The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She loves plopping herself in the shade next to this giant bush that grows right next to the house. She takes retirement very seriously.

She'd drink it, too. She eats everything, including her own poo on occasion.

Ursala's sister is now up for adoption. Looks just like her, and am thinking about making the drive to WV to pick her up. Then I look at what Ursala has done to my hardwood floors and begin to rethink it...

HelenaSylvanGlenmay13_zps92fe15a8.jpg

That's some tongue.

Any of your dogs do the reverse sneeze? Allergies must have been bothering mine yesterday, just heard that weezy sucking noise through her nose all day.

Ours does the reverse sneeze thing. The first time she did it, we weren't sure what was happening so we called the vet. LOL It's the weirdest thing.

That's some tongue.

Any of your dogs do the reverse sneeze? Allergies must have been bothering mine yesterday, just heard that weezy sucking noise through her nose all day.

My dog - yorkshire terrior - is famous for the reverse sneezing. If she gets too excited, she begins doing it, if she drinks water too quickly, she begins doing it. We were concerned when she first started doing it so we took her to the vet and we were reassured that she is not uncomfortable at all when it happens. She has to smell every blade of grass and the pollen definitely triggers the reactions too.

If you want to try and help, slightly rub their throat when it is happening - it helps relax the muscles from spazzing out.

Happy birthday to my puppy JAS Ursala, and her sisters JAS Adelaide, JAS Florence, and JAS Aunt Anne! They all turn 3 years old today!

Well, yesterday we adopted JAS Aunt Ann, Ursala's sister. Boy oh boy did she put on some pounds now that she hasn't been racing for a few months. She's a heffer of a grey, and kind of just lumbers about. Much different than her sister, who was underweight when we got her, and blindingly quick.

Sweet girl, very silly, loves to flip around on her back and roach much more than Ursala. She has pounced/swatted/snapped at Ursala a few times, but she is coming out of heat and hasn't been spayed yet (she goes in tomorrow morning). Ursala just ignores her for the most part and looks my way, as if to say "what is this bitch's issue?" Good thing, too, because once her ears go up, she enters beast mode... We did crate Annie last night, and she did very well, not so much as a peep, so she doesn't appear to have the separation anxiety that Ursala does.

All in all, I think the sisters will be glad to be back together. They're already side by side staring out the window, jumping in unison when they hear a noise, and will just take some time to settle in together.

Annie.JPG

I took my cat to the vet Saturday. Diagnosis is diabetes. Changing his diet to try to control blood sugar and hoping I don't have to start giving him insulin injections twice a day.

That sucks, MP :(

Can't wait to get Annie started on Trifexis - the GF found two ticks on her this morning.

She's doing well after the spaying. First night was rough, quite a bit of vomiting from the anesthesia/pain meds. She's acting like her normal self now for the most part. She is an absolute couch hog though, and will actually stretch out her legs if she sees you coming to try and block you.

Did have one incident where she bolted out the back door before I could get a leash on her (she's not supposed to be running.) She managed to charge toward the swingset at full speed, hit the swing, get launched into the air (had to be a good 5-6 feet), and came down on her side with a giant thud. She acted fine, but it split her wound back open. Was only on the surface though, sutures and everything else were fine. Some liquid bandage to glue it shut did the trick.

We did leave them alone in their kennels while we were out, and thankfully, Ursala did MUCH better. No escape attempts that I could notice (granted, I ziptied the door shut where she could usually push through), but usually if we left her crated while we were out, there would be potty accidents and the crate would be about 2 feet away from where we put it. They were just standing excitedly as I made my way through the door with no additional drama, so I think having another pup here is doing wonders for her anxiety.

Annie2.JPG

image (2).jpeg

Back