The Engineering Handook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Has anyone used these?

The Engineering Handbook, Second Edition

Richard C. Dorf

The Civil Engineering Handbook, Second Edition

Wai-Fah Chen

J. Y. Richard Liew

I have access to a lot of CRC press books, through ENGnetBASE. All are PDF format, but was wondering if would be worth taking this to the exam.

Thanks for any input.

Brian

Has anyone used these?
The Engineering Handbook, Second Edition

Richard C. Dorf

The Civil Engineering Handbook, Second Edition

Wai-Fah Chen

J. Y. Richard Liew

I have access to a lot of CRC press books, through ENGnetBASE. All are PDF format, but was wondering if would be worth taking this to the exam.

Thanks for any input.

Brian
Brian --

As you are putting references together, you will find that you have A LOT of overlapping information. My recommendation, since those books are in pdf format, would be to print out those pages that find helpful in solving problems (e.g. charts, tables, factors, etc.). You will find that putting together your 'own' compendium of material will work wonders for your organization.

Best of luck in preparations.

JR

Brian --
As you are putting references together, you will find that you have A LOT of overlapping information. My recommendation, since those books are in pdf format, would be to print out those pages that find helpful in solving problems (e.g. charts, tables, factors, etc.). You will find that putting together your 'own' compendium of material will work wonders for your organization.

Best of luck in preparations.

JR
That is basically what I am doing. I have a ton of stuff downloaded and printed, but have seen other "handbooks" and since these are free (my favorite four letter word besides BEER) I figured I get some input.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

I would only add caution to how much material you bring to the exam. You don't want to be drowning in references - I found myself in that boat and did much better once I created my own reference folder by subject. At the same time, I encourage you to bind and organize what you think is appropriate.

Regards,

JR

I took Chen's book with me. However...it is rather large and cumbersome...and I did not touch it once during the exam. I suggest maybe taking a look at it while you are studying to help prepare for topics you might struggle with. However, I don't know that it is necessary. BUT...if you can carry it...can't hurt to take it I suppose. I just don't think you will need to rely heavily on it.

Back