The Electrical Engineer's Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kduff70

Reaction score
Is The Electrical Engineeer's Guide to passing the power PE exam by Alexander S. Graffeo PE a good study tool there are a lot of book out there but for people who have pass the test find this book useful?

I passed the April 2014 exam, using the Graffeo as one of my main study guides. Heck yes it is a really good reference.

The book has two parts. The reference material and a sample test. The reference material is good. Nicely organized and a little of everything. But the sample test is not so good. It has a few errors and does not explain answers very well somethings just repeating the problem's answer word for word as its explaination rather than explain why that answer is the best.

So if you are going to get it, get it because you want to incorporate the reference material into your studies and do not get it for its sample test.

reference book is good for some section..NEC is not so good but illumination, 3 phase analysis , some of the machinery is decent...

binding on the book sucks...my pages literally fall apart. I have to get it to fedex to rebind it

Last edited by a moderator:
Good source. Lighting section is good and he offers a fresh perspective on several topics. I recommend it and it came in handy during April's exam. BTW, Graffeo appears to be very diligent about sending out corrections.

Good source. Lighting section is good and he offers a fresh perspective on several topics. I recommend it and it came in handy during April's exam. BTW, Graffeo appears to be very diligent about sending out corrections.
are you willing to sell your book?

Thanks

are you willing to sell your book?

Thanks
I am selling mine too...I have to rebind mine since the original binding sucks. So mine has a ring binder

Has anyone got a copy of this book for sale? I was hoping to get it since I seem to hear a lot of good things about it.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi Guys!

I'm gonna take the next PE Exam "Electrical Power", on Oct 2014, in Houston, Texas and I'm looking for study mate or group
    If you know any body interested email me on this email: [email protected]
    However, If any of you can share with me his notes or materials it will be highly appreciated

Wishing you all the best, Pray for me!!

Have a great weekend,
    Samir

Back