The effective time to prepare for PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have no idea about what?  You just heard about what?  :confused:  :scratchhead: 
Yes, and I have not started yet, as I am waiting for the new rule about taking exam prior enough experience which will be effected from 05/02/2016.

I would agree with the others that say three months and about 300 hours to pass the PE  if you're practicing some of the  concepts that are on the exam. 

I think the SE generally requires about twice as much, because you are studying for both vertical and lateral exams and have to show work in the form of essay answers.  It also depends on the concepts.  For example in the state of Florida, we do not have to design for seismic, but have large wind loads to deal with on a daily basis.  So a Florida test-taker will spend the majority of their time on seismic compared to wind concepts,  although some of the concepts are transferable for lateral and diaphragm design. 

Latest posts

Back