THE BREAST FEEDING POLL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Have not had the opportunity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She said ?NO!?

• I would never do that

• Only once

• On a few occasions

• Only when ?invited? by the lady

• Every chance I could!

• Total voters
Considering all the horrible things I would expect a girlfriend to do for me, if I had one, I think it would be wrong of me to refuse at least a little try...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it must be a deep instinctual response NOT to want to drink breast milk. Its natures way of protecting the babies food supply so they don't starve.

I think that most of these were discovered by watching animal behavior. Have you ever seen the cows get drunk when they eat the fallen apples?
I've seen birds get drunk off of fermented berries. That's pretty hysterical.

I think it must be a deep instinctual response NOT to want to drink breast milk. Its natures way of protecting the babies food supply so they don't starve.
That's a pretty interesting thought. may be some truth to it.

good point. Early man would not have gone out hunting. He would've just hung around the cave surviving on breast milk.

good point. Early man would not have gone out hunting. He would've just hung around the cave surviving on breast milk.

What age do people stop breast feeding typically. My wife quit after about 3 months but she had a tough time with it due to breast reduction surgery. It freaks me out a little bit when I see 3 year olds walk up to their moms, say they're thirsty, and start sucking.

In the US, most stop by 6 months... few go beyond a year. Worldwide, the average is between 2 and 4 years, sometimes longer in areas where clean drinking water is hard to come by.

If left to self-wean, most kids stop around 2.5 years.

I breastfed my daughter until she was 3. But, the last 1.5yrs of that, it was 1st thing in the morning, and once right before bed... so it wasn't happening in front of anyone else.

These days it seems like a lot of "kids" keep "sucking off their mother's breast" well into high school, through college, and beyond. Of course that's figuratively and not literally but I still find it disgusting.

I breastfed until he grew in his top teeth. The bottoms alone weren't so bad but one pinch and I quit. This was about 10 months.

...I breastfed my daughter until she was 3. But, the last 1.5yrs of that, it was 1st thing in the morning, and once right before bed... so it wasn't happening in front of anyone else.
This is similar to what my wife is currently doing with Mini-Buff. The top teeth are in, and when Mini-Buff chomps down, Mrs. Buff can be heard throught the house yelling 'No biting!' I am surprised that she has not turned off the tap yet, but I see that happening soon.

I breastfed until he grew in his top teeth. The bottoms alone weren't so bad but one pinch and I quit. This was about 10 months.
This is what my wife did with our oldest. Once the teeth came in she was done. With our second she had production problems that had the tap shut down by 4 months and we switched to formula.

I tried when my wife was still in breast feeding mode w/ one of my two. . .sadly, the 'things' seemed to be childadult-proof, in that i couldn't get anything going, and i wasn't too sure if I was 'allowed' to do that, so i bailed. Least i gave it the (failing) college try :40oz:

i don't believe my wife breast fed past 6 mo. for either of my two - the going back to work thing & using a pump to keep things going seems to turn the taps off earlier maybe.

I've tried the wifes. She is breast feeding little-mizzou, typically i get a small amount when we are having "relations". Doesn't taste bad, but then again its not something I would pour on my cheerios in the morning either.

If you think breast milk tastes bad, try formula. You'll think breast milk is like wine compared to that.

Back