TEXAS PE Water Resources/Env. Results I FAILED!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddtoy

Reaction score
I actually checked again, and must have added too many 6's and actually received a 50 out of 80. Guess I will be taking it again. YEAH!!!!!

It says I failed and I received my diagnostic for the exam, but I answered 56 questions correctly. I thought that on average a 52-55 was passing. Am I crazy or just that they weighted the exam heavily one way and screwed me in the process? Please help me understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I doubt what you're saying, but there's a guy over on the FE forum that added up his correct questions wrong. Can you post your diagnostic so people can try and help?

When I add up your correct answers, I get 50.

But it looks like you only have a few areas you need to improve in. You'll get it next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I must have added one too many 6's. Oh well. Sucks to be me. Thanks for the vote of confidence, hopefully I will pass next time.

yeah you do have 50, i know it sucks, i failed with 49 last time, haven't found out for october 11 yet....i would hate to go through this process again

I also get 50, for a raw score of 62.5%. Without know what the equating "curve" is, it's hard to say how close you were, but I bet a few more correct answers would have given you a passing score.

The cut score varies from year to year so you can't ever really count on an exact number.

Sorry you didn't pass this time. You'll get it next time!

Here is my diagnositic.
Thanks for having the guts to post this. I know how you're feeling right now as I've failed twice. (haven't heard results for Oct 11 yet) Just use the diagnotic as it is proposed and study those 'weak' sections. My last score was a 52/80 (fail by one question). Use it to fuel you and kill it in April.

Thanks everyone for the support. Just tired of all the studying and now have to do it all over again. But at least I know my weaknesses and can work harder on those areas. Again Thanks everyone.

This was my second time taking it. It does suck to have to do it all over again, but now you'll go in knowing twice as much as you did the first time! :) I felt much more confident this time around than the first. But haven't gotten my results yet, so fingers x'ed...

Back