Testmasters?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlclev

Reaction score
I'd like to hear from those who have taken the Testmasters course... it's a lot of money. Was it worth it? Could you accomplish the same review on your own?

I'd like to hear from those who have taken the Testmasters course... it's a lot of money. Was it worth it? Could you accomplish the same review on your own?

I think the testmasters course was worth it. I took the civil.

One instructor was not good.

The notes help you organize your study but you still have to put a lot of time into it.

I stayed at a hotel nearby and did all the problems they went thru during the class.

I think this helped me out.

I do not have a degree in civil, so the testmasters helped on two topics I had never taken before.

But on two other topics it did not.

It also helps reinforce those topics that you are familiar with

good luck!

I didn't take the Testmasters course, but I was able to obtain the Testmasters notes from a friend. The notes and practice problems they provide are GOLD. I studied using their notes/problems and passed the exam on my first try. Of course I still had to study using the standard CERM material and the NCEES sample exam. If you can some how obtain the notes, I would do that instead of taking the course.

There's plenty of information on this forum about Testmasters - just do a search...

Bottom line (for me): It's well worth the investment and the focus of preparation is top-notch. I don't know of anyone who has been disappointed.

I thought it was but I used it as a review. I had already studied my butt off so I had already seen most everything. Made it easy to concentrate on the stuff I didn't know instead of wading through everything.

I just took the first half- no the problems part. The problems all seem to come from 6 min solutions or the "other board" practice problems. I don't think that part is worth it if you can get them on your own.

If you have been out of school for a while, or away from the industry, it is great!

Back