Testmasters Mech Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot14

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the Mechanical exam prep class by Testmasters in Houston Tx. I wish they would offer it in other states. Just wanted some feedback. Was it worth ~$1700, did they provide classroom literature. I took theFE course and I thought it was very helpful... Thanks in advance....

Has anyone taken the Mechanical exam prep class by Testmasters in Houston Tx. I wish they would offer it in other states. Just wanted some feedback. Was it worth ~$1700, did they provide classroom literature. I took theFE course and I thought it was very helpful... Thanks in advance....
1700 dollars??!?!?!?!?!? I'm in the wrong business... There's no course in the world worth that much that doesn't lead to a degree. Why pay that much for them to read the MERM to you and give you practice problems you can do yourself anyway?

That is pretty pricey. I spent a little less than that on building my own library for the enviro exam, and just used the PPI reference manual and practice problems to guide my studying, using the other books I bought as necessary. It can be done, and has been done by thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of engineers before you. That said, if you have the money and are willing to spend it on the prep course, that's your choice.

Back