Testmaster Notes for Download

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks owillis28!!

i will check tonite and see if i cant figure it out . . . .

it kind of frustrates me!!

i got the "Hydrology and Ground Notes" and i have a question on one of the sample problems
can anyone help me out????

Number 6. in the Hydorlogy section.

they show a chart with "time interval", "Avg Intensity", "Inches for 20 minute intervals", and "Cumulative Inches".

how do you get the numbers for the "Cumulative Inches" ??

maybe im missing something but seems to me you just add the previous "inches for time interval" to get cumulative.

doesnt work.

it seems to peek at 1.7 in. about 4:00-4:20, then the "cumulative" goes back down to 0.10 in at 6:00 . . .how can a "cumulative" have a peak and then recede??? . . . . .

btw . . the answer is 1.7 in.
Did you figure out the answer to your question?

owillis

i got the "Hydrology and Ground Notes" and i have a question on one of the sample problems
can anyone help me out????

Number 6. in the Hydorlogy section.

they show a chart with "time interval", "Avg Intensity", "Inches for 20 minute intervals", and "Cumulative Inches".

how do you get the numbers for the "Cumulative Inches" ??

maybe im missing something but seems to me you just add the previous "inches for time interval" to get cumulative.

doesnt work.

it seems to peek at 1.7 in. about 4:00-4:20, then the "cumulative" goes back down to 0.10 in at 6:00 . . .how can a "cumulative" have a peak and then recede??? . . . . .

btw . . the answer is 1.7 in.
Sorry, I missed this question being posted.

Cumulative inches are found by adding the cumulative inches for the last 3 intervals, ie the last hour. So 0.27 is 0+0.07+0.20, 1.13 is 0.30+0.40+0.43, 0.1 is 0.07+0.03+0. Do you see that? It's also why the first two boxes are blank- an hour hasn't passed yet.

See the pdf to follow the numbers I listed above if that doesn't make sense.

For those that managed to download the environmental engineering notes....

Question 7B: Determine the toal amount of solids produced each day by the treatment plant. Assume a yield coefficient of 95 lb suspended solids per lbm of BOD5 utilised.

I am guessing that the 95lb is a typo and should read 0.5 lb... as 95lb is way too high to make sense and the fact that they use 0.5 later on in the calculations and you never see the 95lb used would suggest that 0.5lb is the correct yield... Can anyone confirm this?

This environmental stuff is giving me a hard time... I am so glad I never went into the poo water business...

From the Testmaster's construction notes they use these factors called USCRF(n,i), USSFF(k,i), and PWCAF(f,i) for estimated formwork. Where would one find tables for these?

I am thinking of going to the library tomorrow and grabbing any available reference mentioned in the Testmaster's notes (i.e. Schexnayder and Nunnally)... Do these references include said tables?

And more importantly, does anyone think we will run into questions using these factors in the AM breadth exam?

Thanks

It specifically says those notes are for the construction PM so I doubt it. The Testmasters course didn't even mention them. You should be fine without them.

Updated again, this time with a LOT more links.
Wow ... when it comes to finding exam material you are like pig finding truffles - dead on the money! :plusone: I am sure all of your hard work WILL pay dividends starting at Beer O'Clock on Friday. :beerchug:

JR

I just got an email from Testmasters offering more notes in addition to the notes given in class. The hydrology and culvert notes are complete, the transportation and traffic seem to be missing the equations on a lot of pages, so maybe they'll fix that soon? Anyway, here is the link to what they have. Beware, it is a LOT. Each section is well over 100 pages. Hint for printing, 2 to a page, front and back made it reasonable and were still quite legible. :thumbs:
http://www.testmasters.com/pecivilnotes.html

Do you know where can I find the links for PE Electrical?

Thank very much for sharing..

Bob.

I just got an email from Testmasters offering more notes in addition to the notes given in class. The hydrology and culvert notes are complete, the transportation and traffic seem to be missing the equations on a lot of pages, so maybe they'll fix that soon? Anyway, here is the link to what they have. Beware, it is a LOT. Each section is well over 100 pages. Hint for printing, 2 to a page, front and back made it reasonable and were still quite legible. :thumbs:

Bob.

Bob.

the link is dead... ?

PM me and I can provide you with most of the downloads they had there....

I would assume that they would have the page back up or a similar page in the near future when classes start for the fall exam....

Back