Teenage celebrity crush

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also used to swoon over Jane Seymour and Jennifer Tilly, who I didn't realize is 61  :blink:

D'arcy Wretzky.  Or simply D'arcy.  Bassist for Smashing Pumpkins.  Favorite band of all time.  Unfortunately, time was not kind to her and she fell off the deep end... and hit the bottom... HARD.  But in the '90's, she was "it".
Holy crap...you're not kidding.

293.DarcyWretzky.tg.021111.jpg

I very much prefer that to women blowing their lips up like balloons.  I never have understood that particular plastic surgery.
It's fine to have preferences. However, I think there's a severe double standard out there for aging men vs. women, and that probably drives much of the plastic surgery out there, not to mention defines what is traditionally acceptable as beautiful/handsome.

Back to the regular programming! More celebrity crushes please. I also was a big fan of Hunter in AFI (my first concert, hahaha). He's on the far right in this photo:

D65Gp_nUwAA1Vv0.jpg

Omg I was so emo (not)! And I do NOT find him good looking in this photo now, to be clear. Hahahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I think there's a severe double standard out there for aging men vs. women, and that probably drives much of the plastic surgery out there
Mickey Rourke would like to have a word with you.

mickey-rourke-good-morning-britain.jpg

It's fine to have preferences. However, I think there's a severe double standard out there for aging men vs. women, and that probably drives much of the plastic surgery out there, not to mention defines what is traditionally acceptable as beautiful/handsome.

Well said. Older men look "distinguished". Women don't get that luxury. 
What's crazy is that the plastic surgery rarely helps.

Okay...but how many male celebs do we have to use as an example like Mickey Rourke for men, versus the MANY Hollywood women we could all list with obvious plastic surgery?
Yeah... but... are you really sure those women really have surgery?  Maybe she's born with it. 

Maybe it's Maybelline.

Back