Tater chips on sammiches

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought it was a southern thing. My parents are both from MS and introduced me to the potato chip and peanut butter sandwich when I was young, but even then, I suspected it was terrible for me. But every once in a while....

I've heard of people doing this, but never tried it. It just seems so weird, but maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime!
<-- had two PB&J sandwiches today for lunch today. . .
Gak! I don't even like being in the same room as peanut butter. It's on my Mt. Rushmore of stuff I hate.

Peanut butter, olives, and feta, I just need a fourth 'face' for the mountain.

I've heard of people doing this, but never tried it. It just seems so weird, but maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime!
Gak! I don't even like being in the same room as peanut butter. It's on my Mt. Rushmore of stuff I hate.

Peanut butter, olives, and feta, I just need a fourth 'face' for the mountain.
I am with you on the feta, but love peanut butter and olives...

My girlfriend got me hooked on this as a hangover meal.

McD's 1/4 pounder with cheese a small fry on top and a Orange Hi C. I usually ask for mucho ice then let the thing melt into the Orange drink to water it down some.

McD sounds pretty gross 99% of the time but during a hangover it hits the spot.

I always get onion ring sauce at Burger King to dip my fries in. It's a spicy, mayo-based sauce that's freakin' yummy. I like their onion rings too, but they make my breath stink.

I used to routinely bring two sandwiches to work (survey tech, always in the field) - one was always meat of some kind, the other always P&J. I actually got scolded (kindly) by a bank teller when in the bank's drive thru (passenger seat) she saw me plowing down my PB&J w/ a 20oz mountain dew, saying how I was gonna get a stomach ache eating so much sweet stuff like that. I guess lucky she didnt see the swiss cake rolls or nutty bars I most certainly would of had for dessert.

i don't do this anymore, but when I was a kid when we went to a place that had the self serve fountain drinks, I would put a little bit of each type in the cup and create my own mixed drink.

ahhh, the suicide

we used to go out to eat one night at week, I think it was Wednesdays. my Mom would take us to Ryan's. We thought that was the best treat. We'd get unlimited salad bars, unlimited fountain drinks where we would batch up those awful soda concoctions, and unlimited ice cream. In retrospect, we should all be diabetics now given that sugar intake.
I remember doing that at Ponderosa. Man I loved that place as a kid. Unfortunately, now I am a diabetic. Although its more because of my geneology than of what I ate, I probably could have done with less soda pop as a kid.

Does anyone watch Iron Chef? I was thinking about the earlier discussions on potato chips when they used Lays potato chips to make fried fish sticks during one of the competitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone watch Iron Chef? I was thinking about the earlier discussions on potato chips when they used Lays potato chips to make fried fish sticks during one of the competitions.
No, but I have heard of making baked chicken fingers using either Ritz crumbs, crushed up nachos, or crushed up corn flakes... my wife does the ritz version for our kids since they love chicken fingers, but don't realize it is actually healthy since they weren't fried.

I love the original Japanese version, but never cared for the American one. Too tame of a set of ingredients, and the original cheesey/campy feel from the original dubbed ones is gone.

Today's secret ingredient is...LETTUCE! WHeeeeeee!!!

I've never done the chips on fish sticks, but I have breaded catfish with potato buds before. Turns out pretty good.

I don't know weather I'm supposed to talk about chips on ham and cheese, or eating PBnJ... either one rocks but I have eliminated both from my regular eating habits a long while back... I used to gross my boss and coworkers out eating green olive and provolone sammies... add a little bit of mw on white bread... I dream of them!

I don't know weather I'm supposed to talk about chips on ham and cheese, or eating PBnJ... either one rocks but I have eliminated both from my regular eating habits a long while back... I used to gross my boss and coworkers out eating green olive and provolone sammies... add a little bit of mw on white bread... I dream of them!
My wife's grandfather used to LOVE oliveloaf cheese (I think it was called pickle and pimento loaf)... cheese with olives in it...

Back