Tater chips on sammiches

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
My wife has me hooked on putting potato chips on my sammich before I eat it. Gives it a nice crunch and a little salty taste. I'd never heard of this before i met her.

Anyone else do this? Is it a regional thing?

I think its more sporadic than regional. The only person I knew who did this routinely was my mother back in CT.

I like adding a fried egg to my cheeseburgers.

I've seen people do the chips thing and shove fries in burgers. Not frequently enough for me to associate the behavior with a region though.

I used to add chips to my ham 'n cheese sammiches, but I have since dropped that b/c I traded ham 'n cheese for PB&J. Chips on PB&J probably wouldn't be too satisfying. Also, I have dropped chips from my lunch regiman and, in doing so, I lost 5 pounds with no other alterations in my lifestyle. I'll stick with this.

I like adding a fried egg to my cheeseburgers.

I've seen people do the chips thing and shove fries in burgers. Not frequently enough for me to associate the behavior with a region though.

Pittsburgh is big on that. Fries and slaw on a burger.

I've seen people do the chips / fries in sandwich thing - but it's not big here. I don't do it myself, but I'm curious about it that I might have to give it a try.

My dad was a chain smoker and didn't have much taste, so I've seen him eat some pretty weird stuff before. He used to take pork and beans, crumble up bbq chips in it, and squirt it with mustard and then mix it up. It was his favorite side. He also used to take cake, cover it with applesauce, and then pour cream over the top. I've never tried either. Just doesn't sound good to me.

i used to put potatoe chips on a sandwich when i was a kid - never really stuck with it. A guy i used to work with, if eating from Wendy's, would dip his fries in his frosty. CAD guy, what can you say?

I used to do this but I don't really eat chips anymore. I loved it and probably still would but I try to stay away from the chips. I don't know a lot of people who do it so I don't think it's regional here.

i used to put potatoe chips on a sandwich when i was a kid - never really stuck with it. A guy i used to work with, if eating from Wendy's, would dip his fries in his frosty. CAD guy, what can you say?
i do that too

i don't do this anymore, but when I was a kid when we went to a place that had the self serve fountain drinks, I would put a little bit of each type in the cup and create my own mixed drink.

i don't do this anymore, but when I was a kid when we went to a place that had the self serve fountain drinks, I would put a little bit of each type in the cup and create my own mixed drink.

ahhh, the suicide

we used to go out to eat one night at week, I think it was Wednesdays. my Mom would take us to Ryan's. We thought that was the best treat. We'd get unlimited salad bars, unlimited fountain drinks where we would batch up those awful soda concoctions, and unlimited ice cream. In retrospect, we should all be diabetics now given that sugar intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes throw some chips into my sammich. Mostly with tuna but I have also added them to ham and cheese and meatball sammiches too. Very tasty. Try dipping fries into honey mustard....nice!

Chips do taste good in a sammich. I also like to put fries in a burger but I have drastically cut back on fries in recent years. Sometimes on the way to work I will buy a steak egg and cheese bagel meal from McD. It comes with a hash brown patty that I insert between the bagel before I chow down. When I eat that sammich on the way to work at 7 AM, I usually don't get hungry again until late in the afternoon.

I've heard of people doing this, but never tried it. It just seems so weird, but maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime!

<-- had two PB&J sandwiches today for lunch today. . .

I like chips on my sandwiches... and an old habit from my childhood is to put cheddar cheese goldfish crackers on my PB&J (which I have packed for lunch for tomorrow).

Back