Taco Bell

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ble_PE

I need a beer.
Reaction score
So, who here eats Taco Bell alot? I haven't eaten there in probably a couple of years, but I lived off it in college.

An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.
The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.
Edit to add link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy of mine worked at a similar style cheap food place back in the 1980s (Taco Villa). He told me they mixed oatmeal in with the beef as a filler. Surprised that they're "just now finding out about it"...

Wow...I just thought they used really low quality beef. I didn't know that it was just a collection of binders and extenders (whatever that means...I'll just assume it means lips and assholes).

This was on the news the other night and i seem to remember that the minimum actual beef requirement for their mixture was only 33%. If they cant maintain 33% i think something is genuinely wrong.

I eat there a couple times a week. It is good and it is cheap.

It isn't anything that surprises or concerns me.

Maybe once a year.

I hear that the meat is basically just the meat from the face of whatever animal they choose to use. It looks like it's not too far off!

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.

I'll go there a couple times a year when I feel like slumming it. I'm not too surprised by this, I figure I'm eating processed junk anyway and that they are taking a few liberties with the ingredients.

At least it didn't say that when they tested it they found skunk meat and rat turds in it.

I'll go there a couple times a year when I feel like slumming it. I'm not too surprised by this, I figure I'm eating processed junk anyway and that they are taking a few liberties with the ingredients.
At least it didn't say that when they tested it they found skunk meat and rat turds in it.
Yea, whatever it is it tastes good and it's cheap! It still amazes me that it's only required to be 35% beef though.

i admit i eat there once every other week or so..

but I do have some factual information for the group which i may have shared before..

My father in law was a "big wheel" with Tyson, according to him, Taco Bell (ala Pepsi) purchased 100% of every chicken gizard that Tyson removed from chickens as they processed them.. He always assumed they ground it up into the "beef" mixed with very little hamburger. he wouldnt ever eat there..

damn now I am hungry!

I haven't eaten there lately on account of P90X, but when I did, I was a 100% chicken kind of guy, with the exception of the crunchwrap supreme.

less than 35%? Damn.... I eat there about once a week, minimum every 2 weeks. Usually I go for the items with chicken. But sometimes I consume the "beef" substance.

Yuck.

I love Taco Bell and its going to take a hell of a lot more then a few chicken butt holes to keep me from eating it.
That's chicken cloacas, technically speaking.

Chickens don't have assholes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back