Surveying Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ca1

Reaction score
Hi,

I just have the Surveying portion left to get my Civil P.E. and was wondering if it was worth it to take a review class. I'm debating between two review courses: Mansour & Chelapati. Has anyone taken any of these courses? Any recommendations for either? Or is buying their manuals and studying from those enough? I already have Reza's review workbook since I'm unable to attend his review classes.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
I just have the Surveying portion left to get my Civil P.E. and was wondering if it was worth it to take a review class. I'm debating between two review courses: Mansour & Chelapati. Has anyone taken any of these courses? Any recommendations for either? Or is buying their manuals and studying from those enough? I already have Reza's review workbook since I'm unable to attend his review classes.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
I wouldn't waste time or money on a review course for surveying. The key to passing the exam is working as many problems as you can get your hands on. Sitting in a class listening to lectures is not going to help you learn to solve surveying problems in 3 min. or less. You have to do this on your own time in my honest opinion.

Thanks for the feedback outatime2002. I have been thinking the same way as well, so I think I'll just be solving as many survey problems as I can!

Thanks for the feedback outatime2002. I have been thinking the same way as well, so I think I'll just be solving as many survey problems as I can!
Keep chippin' away at it. Once you run out of sample problems to go through, go back and solve them again to stay sharp for the exam. Something else that also helped me was that I made 2 pages of notes on CA Survey Law, i.e. what survey tasks PE's can perform under the Professional Land Surveyors Act. You don't want to waste time flipping through a textbook to look up this information. Also, write down the definitions and common uses for all the surveying instruments (stadia, steel tape, total station, theodolites, etc.).

Back