Surveying problem from REZA book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEin2010

Reaction score
Has anybody figured out problem #15 from chapter 5 - topographic survey and mapping? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Has anybody figured out problem #15 from chapter 5 - topographic survey and mapping? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, I have. But you need to be specific about what step you don't understand.

How are they getting the length = 113' and 146'? is it through measuring physically using a ruler and scaling?

Thanks!

How are they getting the length = 113' and 146'? is it through measuring physically using a ruler and scaling?
Thanks!

For figure A the scale is 1 inch =50 feet. so , the horizontal distance between the contours of 10 and 15 is approx. more than 2 inches which is 113 feet. Similarly for figure B.

Thank you!!! :) I had a suspicion they were doing that. wanted to confirm. So this means we should take a ruler and protractor into the exam? what do you think?

Thanks!

For figure A the scale is 1 inch =50 feet. so , the horizontal distance between the contours of 10 and 15 is approx. more than 2 inches which is 113 feet. Similarly for figure B.

Back