Suggestions for EET course?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsimms89

Reaction score
I was recently approve to take the PE exam this coming April. I'm going to be taking the structural exam. I have my Master's degree in Structural but my work is a combination of construction and specific structural tasks so I feel like I need to take a review for the depth as well as the breadth. I've already been working some practice problems from six minute solutions and am about to sign up for a review course. I was going to take School of PE but now after reading more reviews it seems that more people feel that EET does more to prepare them especially for the depth section. My main questions for people that have already taken EET is would they recommend the live webinars or the on-demand review. Based on my schedule there are a lot of Saturdays where I wont be able to sit for the 8 hours for the entire class or I may miss it entirely, but they do say the classes are recorded and you can access them anytime. Whichever class I sign up for I plan on sticking to their schedule, it'll just vary whether I'll be able to watch it on Saturday or during the week after work. I'm partially leaning towards the live webinars since even if I miss it I can watch it during that week, but on the days that I can sit for it I'd be able to communicate with the instructor and ask questions which is something I've always liked having the opportunity to do, where if I did the on demand I wouldn't have that ability ever. The price difference is only $50 so I'm not letting that effect my decision. Does anyone who has already taken their course have any recommendations or suggestions?

I did the EET breadth and depth classes both as on demand, and didn't have any issues getting very prompt answers to any question I asked via email. I liked that I had the ability to break up the classes how I chose fit and make them fit with my schedule. If you like the live webinar aspect, I'd say go with that and when you miss a class, make it up as soon as you can. Try to stay as close to the schedule as you possibly can as I found it to be pretty demanding already.

With the recent code changes to the NCEES specs, taking it live might be the best way to do it honestly. 

And while I haven't taken SoPE, I took both PPI (before they added a depth module) and EET, and highly recommend EET!

In terms if getting answers to your questions,  fund out directly from EET. It is my understanding that whether you do live or on demand,  they will still answer your questions.  Both options give you access to all the recordings. The only difference is that the on-demand class will be the recordings from the last session while the webinar option will post the new classes as they occur and give you the option to attend live if schedule works for you. I personally took webinar and know someone who did on demand version.

Back