• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Study materials for sale Electrical and Electronics PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Study materials for sale Electrical and Electronics PE exam

Passed the PE exam in October -- these were my primary references (all current editions)

1. NCEES Official Practice Exam for Electrical and Computer: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS

Officially called Principles and Practice of Engineering Electrical and Computer: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS Sample Questions and Answers (2011)

$30 including shipping

NCEES sample test is the most important thing to have for preparation.

Irvine Institute of Technology Publications (edited by C.V. Chelapati, Ph.D., P.E)

(www.irvine-institute.org):

2. PE (Electrical) License Manual - Volume 2 Third Edition by Gordon L. Carpenter.

Section 6 Power- Electronic Circuits & Applications

$30 including shipping

3. PE (Electrical) License Manual - Volume 3 Third Edition by Mohammed Santina

Section 7 - Control Systems Section 8 - Transmission Lines and Antennas

$30 including shipping

package deal items 1, 2, 3 $75 including shipping

Other references (all hardcover):

Phaselock Techniques (2nd ed) by Floyd Gardner ISBN 0-471-04294-3 1979

$10 including shipping

Solid State Radio Engineering by Krauss et al ISBN 0-0471-03018-X 1980

$10 including shipping

Antenna Engineering Handbook by Henry Jasik 1st Ed. 1961

$25 including shipping

do you have Volume 1? i heard the Chelapati books are very usefull, specially VOL1

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha Ahmed,

do have an older copy of Vol 1 (got it before deciding to take the Electrical & Electronics) but am keeping that....it is definitely an excellent reference if you are taking the Power option..

Vol 1 is not very useful for Electrical & Electronics (and probably not for the Computer exam)

thanks for checking,

Ken

Were you allowed to bring all the materials to the test or was any disallowed? I'm taking the PE exam in California. I've read many posts on samples test materials that are either allowed or disallowed (state specific).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back