Study materials for PE Electrical Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali1361

Reaction score
Friends,

I would like to start a thread to put our study materials here and categorize them based on the exam subjects. Please help me to complete it. If you have better options to gather the study materials please advise. We can enrich here by adding link, examples, reference book and material, videos,...

Measurement and Instrumentation

http://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_File_Id=2799772&p_File_Name=CG0021EN-(web).pdf

Special Applications

Please help to complete

Codes and Standards

Please help to complete

Circuit Analysis

Please help to complete

Devices and Power Electronic Circuits

Please help to complete

Rotating Machines and Electromagnetic Devices

Please help to complete

Transmission and Distribution (High, Medium, and Low Voltage)

Please help to complete

Protection

Please help to complete

Cooper Power Systems: Electrical Distribution-System Protection

This gives a good overview of coordination of overcurrent devices (relays, recloser, fuses) as well as overvoltage protection (arresters, BIL, insulators).

SPD (Selecting Protective Devices) - by Cooper Bussmann

This is very helpful for protective coordination

I highly recommend the PPI/UMBC live study class. I have all of the binders from the class if anyone is interested. Took the fall 2013 class and passed the Oct. 2013 exam. The class is a good summary of all topics required to pass the exam.

If the PPI/UMBC course mentioned above is the same that I partially sat through...it was, by far, the worst course that I've taken. I gave up halfway through since:

a. the slides were riddled with errors

b. the course quickly got WAY behind schedule and

c. the sessions involved the instructor reading the slides to the group, the participants performing QA/QC work on their slides (i.e., finding the errors or having to parse through poorly presented info) and the instructor stumbling through explanations or, in some cases, bizarrely justifying incorrect information.

The course also follows the Camara/PPI material, of course...which is another story entirely.

I think the tried and true Grainger, Wildi, NCEES sample, CI & Spin Up, etc. resources in addition to a lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread is a much better use of time and money.

Back