Student sues school district for $2 million over Facebook bikini photo

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
To prove a point about the risks of social media, a local school administrator presented a photo of a bikini-clad student at a district wide seminar.

Now, the woman is suing the school system.

"I was embarrassed. I was horrified," Chelsea Chaney told Channel 2's Rachel Stockman. "It never crossed my mind that this would ever, ever happen to me."
More (and pic) at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/bikini-photo-controversy/nYQhy/

MO MONEY!!!!!

Chaney is asking for $2 million because she wants her claim to be taken seriously.
Sure thing, Chels.

Last edited by a moderator:
the rub is, you don't even have to be a FB'er to have pics of you - posted from friends, family or whoever - streamed all over the 'net. You almost have to be on FB just to police what the hell people may be posting :lamo:

To assume that whatever you post is kept "secret" is just stupid.

I think she's just cranky because her pic was used in a way she doesn't like. Had her picture been turned into something positive, this wouldn't have been a problem. This is akin to women wearing low-cut shirts and then getting mad when men stare. It's ok as long as the man who is staring is one she finds attractive, but heaven forbid the creepy guy take a look.

Screenshot14.jpg

George-Costanza.jpg

A million dollar money grab by an attention seeker.

The attorney in the clip cited federal+state law and the constitution but no specific statute.

Steal from the tax-payer for hurt feelings. Boo hoo.....

Back