Structura II

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took them in MN. Of course, I only took them one at a time.

Not in Illinois. The SE1 is on Friday and the SE2 is on Saturday. You can take them both.
himm.. that is strange.. i wonder if they ask same questions for next day exam. both se exams are on friday in new york.

himm.. that is strange.. i wonder if they ask same questions for next day exam. both se exams are on friday in new york.
I guess I never thought about that..... Well I guess you're not suppose to talk about the test anyways...

I guess I never thought about that..... Well I guess you're not suppose to talk about the test anyways...
yep.. i passed se1 2 years ago, and for some unknown! reason i took se2 in new york in october. i feel pretty good about it. i may apply illinois for the license. it looks like washington and california are asking for the third exam.

nperr, congratulations on passing exam and becoming SE!

Still waiting for the Ohio SE II :waitwall:

I am wondering is it easy to get IL SE license by comity if I pass both exams.

^^ Somewhat. I'm actually doing it right now myself.

The IL SE license requires 9 college credits in structural analysis and 9 college credits in design, much like the NCEES MLSE record. If you have those 18 credits it shouldn't be too bad.

nperr, congratulations on passing exam and becoming SE!
Still waiting for the Ohio SE II :waitwall:

I am wondering is it easy to get IL SE license by comity if I pass both exams.
jascia,

Have you heard anything yet?

Yes, finally I got the Str II passing letter today! The letter is from Ohio Board, not ELSES. That is why it is late I guess.

My PE journey is over. I started taking Civil in Oct 2006, then Str I last April. Luckily I passed all three exams first try.

I would say SE I is the most difficult one.

Now let's go forward for the SE Titile.

Wish all of you best luck!

Yes, finally I got the Str II passing letter today! The letter is from Ohio Board, not ELSES. That is why it is late I guess.
My PE journey is over. I started taking Civil in Oct 2006, then Str I last April. Luckily I passed all three exams first try.

Congrats! I agree that the SE1 is the worst.. :multiplespotting:

congrats jascia.

i passed se 2 (new york). got my letter half hour ago. i passed all 3 first time, i guess it involves little bit of luck too. i totally agree that se 1 is the most difficult one.

where do you want to apply for se license? i was thinking about oregon, but now they, too, require se 3 exam.

good luck.

Illinois should be okay with both SE exams. CA SE is great title, but need SE3 and SEs as reference if I am not wrong.

I am not sure about Oregon or Washington. Anyone familiar with the rules there? They might need SE3, but what about the other requirements.

WA has a structural III exam as well, and you can take it in place of CA's if you wish. (You still must take CA's surveying and special seismic though for a CA SE.)

For an OR SE, you must take and pass the Civil, SEII, and either the WA or CA SEIII.

Technically for an IL SE, one only needs 16 hours in SE exams. Most just do the SEI and SEII, but you could also do the SEII and SEIII (CA/WA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my SE2 also and am considering going for the SE3.

Two questions:

1. Can we take the WA SE3 1st and then the CA civil/seismic in that order to get our SE3 in CA? Or does one need to pass civil/seismic 1st then get their SE3.

2. Is it possible to have the test proctored in your local area? It would be awesome if I didn't have to travel/spend the money to go to WA or CA and instead take it in the state where I live. I was going to ask the state of WA if this was possible.

Let me know if you guys have any knowledge of this

1. Since they are both offered on Saturday (only), you'll have to take the special seismic & surveying exams first.

2. You'll have to check with your board.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Since they are both offered on Saturday (only), you'll have to take the special seismic & surveying exams first.
2. You'll have to check with your board.
kevo_55, have you taken se 3 of washington? do you have any idea what kind of materials they are covering?

i checked their webiste last night. even though they have something called 'matrix for 8-hr structural examination" - it is not that clear; particularly not much infortmation about codes and requirements for bridge and building engineers.

thanks,

Back