spin_up first or second edition exams?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redskinsdb21

Reaction score
Is there any difference between the 1st and 2nd edition spinup exams? Are bother a good set of practice exams?

second addition, incorporated all ERRAT's. If you already have 1, then make sure to look for teh wrong question underthe support icon in spin up exam website. Personally, I got myself Edition 2.

Good luck

on april will be my first attempt for the PE exam (and hopfully the only attempt to pass it), I got spin up , PPI samples, CI and NCEES sample exam. so far I attempted 1 exam of the spin up.I can tell that the objective of the questions is to refresh and form the bases for the real thing. Personally, I think all exams will be much of a help.the more exams you practice the better your chances. this is my opinion.

All the best

SpinUp sample exams helped me, they were good. I used the second edition. Passed the PE on the first try.

My first experience using spin up is with the second edition, and i think it is a good initial effort. However, it appears i am using a more recent edition of the NESC as compared to the one used to answer some of the questions. As such, i am unable to make good sense of the references that were used to answer some questions. For example, the answers to questions 3-74 and 3-75 make reference to "Table 124-1" and "Table 110-28" respectively. My edition of NESC (2012 Handbook) does not have tables labelled as 124-1 or 110-28.

Can you please help by sending me a cross-reference for these tables in the 2012 Handbook Edition of NESC?
Also, the answer to question 3-69 refers to "part 2, 225A". Is this reference the same as what is in 2012 Handbook Edition of NESC? I simply could not find the answer there.
Grateful for your help.

I have the NESC, but it does not say "handbook edition". I do have those tables in my book that you mention.

Joepwr13 - Is there a way you can help? In the odd chance that we live close; i reside in Maryland. How about you? I there a possibility that the tables could be somewhere in my handbook? Do you have page numbers, or rule numbers? Is it also possible that i am looking at the tables without realizing? (Stress can make a man do that, LOL) Can you scan one of these tables and possibly send me a pdf at [email protected]? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

William

Back