SPIN-UP Practice Test 1 Problem 32 (1-32)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

power62

Reaction score
Problem based on 2011 NEC : What is the maximum non-time delay fuse rating for 1 phase motor used for a branch circuits?

Answer provided is 300 amps (D).

Based on Table 430.52 Max. rating/setting is provided in terms of % of FLA. In this case it should be 300% of FLA. Since we do not know the FLA of motor the answer cannot be in terms of amps.

Please provide any help, maybe I am missing something.

Power, you can ask Joan from Spin-up, but I'm pretty sure that was just a typo. There are several for the first Spin-up exams. They are a good place to start and they sharpen your skills. If you go to their website there is errata, but I'm not sure how up to date it is. Good Luck!

Problem based on 2011 NEC : What is the maximum non-time delay fuse rating for 1 phase motor used for a branch circuits?

Answer provided is 300 amps (D).

Based on Table 430.52 Max. rating/setting is provided in terms of % of FLA. In this case it should be 300% of FLA. Since we do not know the FLA of motor the answer cannot be in terms of amps.

Please provide any help, maybe I am missing something.

Power62,

It appears you are using the first edition which is retired and out of print. Spin-Up is currently in its second edition.

The errata for the first edition is located at www.spinupexams.com under the "Support" tab.

From the errata for this problem:

Item#4 - Page 19 - Problem 1-32 - Reported 1/29/12

Change answer units from "amps" to "%"

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck on your studies!

Joan

Back