Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG MF'rs!!! HFS!!! So we have a category 1 hurricane coming our way... A F'N CAT. 1... and people are going ape sh*t about gas. Can't find gas anywhere. I had to fill up this morning b/c I was on "E" and I had to go to three different gas stations to find gas. I see people gassing up their trucks, cars, gas cans... EMPTY WATER JUGS <_< ... Are you kidding me? May as well stick the nozzle up your dog's ass and fill him up for the extra 1/2 gallon you won't need. Cat 1 is NOTHING but some wind and rain. Probably won't even lose power for crying out loud.

"Better safe than sorry."

Bullsh*t. Save that for the category 3 storms. Go to the store, get some beer, and enjoy the one day off of work you'll get and watch the rain help your grass and garden grow.

$%_+$%_^**%#_)$%(_+#$!!!!!!

You'd think Lousy-ana would know how to prepare for a hurricane by now, since a Cat 1 is essentially a big, wet fart.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it'll wipe out a convention, send it my way to Charlotte...

I thought I was going to be safe from the stupidity of the DNC working from home all week, but apparently they're shutting down the main road next to my house because the Butthole in Chief is staying at a hotel just down the road since it has a helipad on it...

MOTHER F***ER!!! My wife thought it'd be a good idea to have our cars inspected at the closest inspection station. I reluctantly agree since: 1) we're getting two cars inspected, and 2) she's going with me so both are inspected at the same time. Great. However, I've had issues getting her car passed inspections at this place because one rear window doesn't roll down... <_< How that's a safety or emissions thing that must be inspected there, I have no idea. WTF? Anywho, long story short, I asked if they'd fail it BEFORE we gave them the $18 and they said "yes".

Me: "Are you serious? How does that have anything to do with car inspections?"

Inspector: "I don't know, but we just do it."

Me:"Can you show me a list of items that must pass for inspection?"

Inspector: "No, I'm sorry. I can't show you that."

Me:"Well, I have it right here and no where does it say that rear windows must operate. Would you like to see it from the government website?"

Inspector: "No. I'm sorry. I still won't allow it to pass."

Me: "F*** this. We're leaving."

We left and I got my car inspected elsewhere with NO problem. Mrs. MS went home. Oh, my odometer has been on the fritz for about 10 years. Sometimes it's on, other times it's off (digital). Just haven't torn the dash apart to fix the soldered connection. This problem station said my car would fail just for that. WTF? Really? Your scanning computer doesn't show the mileage on the car? I have NEVER had a problem getting my car inspected for that. MFrs. I'll say it again this year, we will never go back to that inspection station again.

:brickwall:

^Feel your pain.

I took my sister's bug in about twenty five years ago to get in inspected for her. They took a screwdriver to the headlight and did a quarter turn clockwise, a quarter turn counter-clockwise, and charged $25 for 'headlight alignment.'

I was glad when SC did away with that scam a few years later.

We only have emissions testing, and even then it's only required in a few counties in and around Denver.

Ok, my dog has got to go before I kill him. Between digging holes all over the place in the backyard and peeing on anything belonging to the kids, I literally cannot leave him unsupervised for more than 5 minutes. And that is both inside and out of the house.

He knows what he is doing is wrong because right after he does it he puts his tail between his legs and hides in the corner.

He will let us know when he needs to go out to potty, then 5 minutes later he's peeing in my son's room AFTER we just saw him go outside. I am just sick of it. He's over a year old and was house trained, but somehow has regressed.

Never had any issue with the state inspections in TX. MI doesn't require them.
No problems in NC either. Two legitimate inspections, and one inspection that cost me $15 and a case of beer so that a certain racecar may or may not have been tagged...

^That's what I love abut SC. You can put a tag on anything and run it on the street. No one bats an eye at it. No inspections.

Dex, maybe a urinary tract infection???

Dex: Is he fixed? Sounds like he doesn't really need to pee, he's marking his territory.

He's a basset - blue heeler mix, and he isn't fixed....yet. My wife had the same thoughts last night that we should get him fixed. That will probably happen within the next couple of weeks to see if that helps.

We've slowly been able to reign-in his digging as he was only lifting the corners of loose sod pieces. Now that it's been down for a few weeks, most of the sod has taken and we're only trying to control a couple frequently visited spots.

He's a basset - blue heeler mix, and he isn't fixed....yet. My wife had the same thoughts last night that we should get him fixed. That will probably happen within the next couple of weeks to see if that helps.
you're kinda supposed to do that before he knows what hit him. Get it done before he starts humping everything in sight.

He was never a humper. We've only seen him go to town on his blanket a couple of times, but that was months ago...

Back