Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least you go into your job knowing that someone else is f#$%ing you. I got a short email from their boss asking if I'm done yet. WTF?

You just described everything in construction, ever.
Not everything. Sometimes they don't tell you they changed it 8 months ago until today... and oh by the way the inspector is on his way over, can you approve this?

I've gotten no less than 5 calls of that nature this week *and last week*, and (as the IT person in our office) I'm also dealing with a failed computer (the office manager's... in the middle of billing), a new employee that's rather irritating, and an Architect that is screaming for final documentation... when I haven't gotten a single set of drawings with any of the 15 details I already gave them.

Oh yeah, and I discovered an error in a package I stamped. Nothing dangerous, but it's a head-desk worthy mistake so I'm rather embarrassed at having included it under my stamp. And it's not even my error - it's in information my client supplied me, and has apparently been supplying this company for at least 8 years over a hundred or so projects.

I really really wish my NCEES Record references would send all of their stuff in so I can apply for my Kentucky license before the end of the year.

I'm not sure if Kentucky even knows what it is anyways...

Oh hi Wil, didn't see you there... :p

Next time you're gonna get my hopes up, could you please take me to a grease monkey? 'Cause I like to get lubed before I get FUCKED! Huh?! Some lube would be nice! Or at least a courtesy lick! How about a little courtesy lick next time you decide to FUCK me!

Ah my favorite time in a meeting is when someone turns to you and asks "So how long will all this take?" and I respond "At minimum 4-5 days". Then they tell you it has to be submitted Friday...

...F

Had granite counters put in a few weeks ago. Big ding in the edge of the counter with a lousy repair. Noticed after they left. They came out to try and repair again, but maybe made it worse. The edge and top are a bit rounded now.

We haven't paid anything yet. Worried if they try and replace the entire pice, it'll damage collateral items such as undermount sink upon removal. Anyone have any experience dealing with this type of headache? Should we make them replace it, or call it good enough and ask for discounted price? What amount would be reasonable?

What a F*&kin PITA!

^^^another issue would be getting slabs to match what is already installed...could be if they replace it, the new granite won't match the old-new granite...

the joys of remodeling and homeownership.

Back