Software Development References for Computer Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyox

Reaction score
It's almost too late for me now, but I'd like better reference material for the Software Development / Software Engineering questions on the Computer Exam.

I have "Object Oriented and Classical Software Engineering" by Schach and the Schaums outline for Software Engineering and find both to be woefully inadequate to help me solve the software development questions on the NCEES Computer Practice Exam.

I had been planning on taking some wiki articles on software development with me but now am aware that they won't be allowed in IL.

Does anyone know of any good references that lay out various development flows (with the applicable deliverables) in a concise, readable manner?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost too late for me now, but I'd like better reference material for the Software Development / Software Engineering questions on the Computer Exam.
I have "Object Oriented and Classical Software Engineering" by Schach and the Schaums outline for Software Engineering and find both to be woefully inadequate to help me solve the software development questions on the NCEES Computer Practice Exam.

I had been planning on taking some wiki articles on software development with me but now am aware that they won't be allowed in IL.

Does anyone know of any good references that lay out various development flows (with the applicable deliverables) in a concise, readable manner?
Software Engineering - A Practitioner's Approach by Roger S. Pressman

This is not bad. It was recommended by someone on EB.com.

Good luck!

Software Engineering - A Practitioner's Approach by Roger S. Pressman

This is not bad. It was recommended by someone on EB.com.

Good luck!
Ordered. Thanks. We'll see if it get here in time for the test.

Back