So what is the expected cut score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yje7etep.jpg

I was partly kidding. I am sure none of us hope for aa high cut score. If I had to put money on it, I would say a 56 is a pretty common cut score.

The cut score discussion is a running joke, why? because every test cycle people want to know what it is, try to figure it out, but it's pointless. Hoping you passed because a question or two got thrown out is not a good strategy. A good strategy is to study effectively, shoot for 100% correct answers, and you'll end up with much higher than whatever arbitrary value the cut score winds up being that particular cycle.

So, yes, the score you need to obtain 70% on an 80 question exam is 56.

Then there will be the thread after the results come out titled " Post your high failing score! We can figure out the cut score!!"

Let's just call it 72. Everyone should shoot for a 90%.

From Oct exam, had my scaled score and raw score obtained from diagnostic report...could have calculated a cut score, but why bother. Wouldn't have changed my results, and I'm sure it changes every exam.

From Oct exam, had my scaled score and raw score obtained from diagnostic report...could have calculated a cut score, but why bother. Wouldn't have changed my results, and I'm sure it changes every exam.
Interesting. So assuming the scale score to pass is 70, you really could have calculated the cut score. Well, if it is in the 70 range, I do not want to know. Too depressing.

Back