SMS HVAC #3

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerrKaLeun

Reaction score
in question 3 the solution states that 75°F DB/61°F WB yields 45% RH. I come up with 60%. I assume the SMS solution is wrong, correct?

I understand the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
in question 3 the solution states that 75°F DB/61°F WB yields 45% RH. I come up with 60%. I assume the SMS solution is wrong, correct? I understand the rest.
It looks like you're reading your WB temp horizontally instead of diagonally. I got 45%ish when I did it.

It looks like you're reading your WB temp horizontally instead of diagonally. I got 45%ish when I did it.
Oh, I see now. Thanks. One other "stupid"mistake I'm making is to ignore that pressure often is given as gage pressure....

Oh, I see now. Thanks. One other "stupid"mistake I'm making is to ignore that pressure often is given as gage pressure....
I started sticking my finger or another piece of paper in at the front of every chapter where I'm using equations so I can flip back and forth to see what units they're using for equations. Seems to help so far. One chapter (I forget which) actually said that all pressures in that chapter were psig.

Back