Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like cabbage, and spicy stuff: cut up one head of cabbage and a link of sausage, and add to pot. Pour in a large can of Rotel tomatoes. Fill rest of pot up with water, and cook on low all day. You can add potatoes or barley if you like, or eat over rice.

I think everyone knows about the roast/carrots/potatoes in beef broth, cooking all day. That one is easy.
What kind of sausage? Can it be turkey sausage?

Package of Hot Dog

1-2 lbsSauerkraut, drained

2Large Onion, sliced in half, then quartered

2 clovesGarlic, minced

4 slices Bacon, cooked crisp

½Grease Reserved From Cooking Bacon

1 bottle Dark Lager Beer

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns

I assume turkey bacon can be substituted, yes?

What kind of sausage? Can it be turkey sausage?

I assume turkey bacon can be substituted, yes?
negative.gif

My wife made some carnitas yesterday.  Pork butt rubbed with salt, pepper, and garlic.  A few hours later... deliciousness.

some basics we do other than roast beef:

Ribs - (For Monday - Friday when you don't have time to grill / smoke them) 

Boil a package of pork ribs for 20 minutes and then place in large crock pot with as much bbq sauce as you can. You come home and the meat falls off the bone and you can eat!

We also do chicken breasts and put a jar of salsa in it and then shred the meat for chicken tacos or burritos

Another option is that we will put chicken breast in with BBQ sauce and then place them on a corn tortilla for a chicken taco (add some jalapeno peppers & red onions)

Look really good but is the meat difficult to prep?  Some of these slow cooker recipes take the "easy" part of crock pot cooking away with the level of detail required before putting the food in the cookah!
No, just cut it into strips or pieces. Trick is to freeze the meat, thaw enough so that it's still a little hard and you can cut it a lot easier. Took me 30 mins tops to cut up meat, onion (they make my eyes water and it takes longer for me to cut), and bell peppers.

The spicy beef bell pepper was very good. I know something is really good when my kid eats all the food on her plate. Usually she leaves food.

Latest posts

Back