Ski Season 2014/2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I got a shot of cortisone in my knee this Friday so it takes me out for a couple of days but should be good for the rest of the season

How is it out in the CO, right now? We are considering a trip the first weekend in Feb...

f1dc9a5fb1013e7bf678f3cdfbebb6f3.jpg

It's good most places have about 15 to 16 feet of snow! Let us know if you come and where you go..

The Mrs. and I took mini-Buff #1 down a black run yesterday. Proud papa here. Snowmass could use some more snow, but overall conditions are good. Should be even better in February.

That's awesome to hear!

If I can get the wife to progress a little bit this year, (lesson) next year I'm just going to ski at Loveland.

It will save me more than $1000 on ski passes and one hour of drive time each day

Last edited by a moderator:
^I love Copper, but I sometimes wonder why we drive past Loveland. They have great terrain, and more of an old time homey feel to the place. I love the on mountain warming huts that get packed like sardines around the fireplace on cold days.

and there is something about being on the right side of the tunnel when it snows and traffic grinds to a halt.

This thread is almost making me miss snow. However, the memories of the instant frostbite when I took my glove off for 15 seconds while skiing with cement last year at Winter Park kind of puts a damper on that. And the memories of the ski lift ride into hell with you and your wife. Holy shit, I have never felt anything as cold as that wind that day.

By the way, cement, I have a thank you package and note my daughter put together an embarrassingly long time ago to send you. I put it aside and got forgot about it during my last two semesters of grad school. That's my excuse, at least.

was winter park fully open last week? I had heard it was lacking in snow compared to other resorts. We were there thanksgiving and it was pretty bare... we, for whatever reason, never have a lot of good days at winter park. don't know if its the layout or what but we mainly just keep it for times when traffic is really F'd up on I-70.

we went new years day and that was a fairly cold one, right above zero for most of the day.

WP has nice trees, but the bumps on Mary Jane are un natural creations of uber athletes on short skis. And I enjoy bowl skiing which is in short supply there (or never open)

Dleg visited on the single coldest day of the year. For your Island born daughter to persevere was simply amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini-Buff 1 starts this season's ski sessions on Saturday. The Skico runs a locals deal for lessons for the kids. 7 sessions. The Mrs. and I get a ski date out of it every Saturday, while mini-Buff 1 gets to improve. Pretty sweet deal

was winter park fully open last week? I had heard it was lacking in snow compared to other resorts. We were there thanksgiving and it was pretty bare... we, for whatever reason, never have a lot of good days at winter park. don't know if its the layout or what but we mainly just keep it for times when traffic is really F'd up on I-70.

we went new years day and that was a fairly cold one, right above zero for most of the day.

Everything was open, including unfortunately, the remote parking lots. It was packed.

Back