Six-Minute Solutions by Camara; useful?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairhopeEE

Reaction score
I'd like to find a few more practice problems for the upcoming exam; can someone give me some feedback on the above title? Was the wording and level-of-difficulty comparable to the actual exam? Was the extra practice worth the cost of the book? Thanks in advance!

I used the Six Minute Solutions when I was studying for the exam. If you have the problem sets for the EERM, the Six Minute Solutions is pretty much the same. The problems are good practice for the morning session but didn't do much for the power depth. It was worth it to me to have the extra problems to work. Having said that, the only practice test I'm aware of that comes close to the actual exam is the one published by NCEES.

Hope this helps.

Jim

If you have enough time i would definately do it. The more problems the better. If you get through it with understanding everything, it will definately build your confidence.

Some of the chapters are definately better then the others.

But the key to this book is the 6 min. Try to complete them within that time.

There is also a practice exam from Camera, not like the NCEES but also good for confidence.

Don't forget problems, problems, problems. Just keep at it. Any questions you don't get ask some one. they might give better insight, or an easier way to look at it.

You can probably pick this book up from the library, or buy a used one if you don't want to shell out the full cost. Its still worth it.

Back