SI and U.S units.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil_PE

Reaction score
CERM has SI and U.S.units for many example (numbers in both units are given in example questions).Is it something in exam also the problem values are described in SI and U.S both units?

It is my opinion that the CERM is way too excessive in solving every problem in US and SI units. It will be rare that the exam will ask you a question in US and SI, but it can ask you a question in US or SI. But, it is my experience that the exam will test you using common industry standard units for that particular type of problem. Therefore, your soils questions will likely (but not guaranteed) be in cm3 and your water questions in cfs and your transpo questions in mph, etc. You can look at the NCEES Sample Q&Ss to see this. Good luck.

It is my opinion that the CERM is way too excessive in solving every problem in US and SI units. It will be rare that the exam will ask you a question in US and SI, but it can ask you a question in US or SI. But, it is my experience that the exam will test you using common industry standard units for that particular type of problem. Therefore, your soils questions will likely (but not guaranteed) be in cm3 and your water questions in cfs and your transpo questions in mph, etc. You can look at the NCEES Sample Q&Ss to see this. Good luck.

Thanks So much this is helpful to start with.

Back