Seismic Design Manual

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knelli

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you know if the AISC Seismic Desgn Manual comes with examples like the Steel Construction Manual's Example CD? The reason I ask, is that I need to order the book and am trying to decide whether or not to buy it from AISC or from Amazon.com. I don't want to miss out on something important!! Thanks

-K

Hi,
Do you know if the AISC Seismic Desgn Manual comes with examples like the Steel Construction Manual's Example CD? The reason I ask, is that I need to order the book and am trying to decide whether or not to buy it from AISC or from Amazon.com. I don't want to miss out on something important!! Thanks

-K
K.

The book itself is nothing but full of examples!!! The examples in that book are extremly/too detailed. The book starts with some brief seismic introduction, then few useful tables. After that, it is all examples.

The second half of the book is Spec 341, Appendices, and Spec 358. No, It does not come with a CD.

A

Did you use this book for the S2? It is quite spendy to invest in, esp if it may not be needed....

Back