Seismic and Surveying Exam!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In addition to the coumo book and the caltrans book, I did use another study guide for preparing for surveying. I didnt mention it because it was give to me by a coworker and I believe the company that put the review together went under; so you can't buy it anymore. I've looked for them on the internet to see if they had any classes local to me. It might or might not be helpful to you, but more info is better than less. it was spiral bound, so made a pdf of his copy.

Here is the question, I have no problem emailing it to people (only the 3-4 ppl who have had questions on this board, i dont want to make a full-time profession of sending it out) at no charge, but i dont want violate any copyright rules. I dont believe the company exists anymore, at least not with the same name. I've looked for it on the internet, and have had no luck finding it. It has a copyright logo from "Professional Engineering Institute". I would like to get a consensus on whether it is right or not to send it out. What is the general rule of posting reviews/study guides like that?"

Would someone (Desert Water, bezzy, or teda), send me a copy of the PDF surveying notes.

Thanks

Last minute comments for those who are soon to face the gauntlet.

1. Bring a scale, compass, and protractor to your survey exam. Use them. Don't always rely on math equations. I found it to be more quickly and easily done using these tools. Also, the pictures will commonly say "not to scale" when they want to show a picture. I found them to be exactly to scale. If they are a weird size, just calc feet per inch of paperspace and convert.

2. Never give up. I thought that I had done quite badly on the seismic exam but was pleasantly surprised that I passed on my first attempt. I mean I thought it was a train wreck. Reverse engineer the questions, do whatever you can to try to earn just one more point.

3. Don't cheat. Aside from the obvious, you may be able to covertly look at your neighbors paper. In fact, it may be difficult not to. When I talked to my neighbor before the exam, he said he was taking for his 4th time. During the exam, I noticed that my answer sheet looked absolutely nothing like his. I then asked him how he felt after the exam and he said he thought he had done much better and was confident he passed. I got a sick feeling in my stomach but I am 100% thankful that I did not give in and use my neighbors answers. I'm sure he is now sitting for his 5th take.

4. Time is tough. Frankly, I ran out of time and bubbled in several answers at the last minute. DOn't push your luck. You should not even think about having a pencil in yuour hand when they call time.

Good luck to all!!!

Thanks a lot Desert Water and LXZ for the valuable info and sharing your experience.
I hope you guys get to see the passing result in the mail soon.

I've already placed an order to get the Hiner book and downloaded Caltran from the website ...

:thankyou:
If you already have the Hiner book and you're aiming for the April test, then you have the wrong book. The new Hiner book isn't out yet.

If you already have the Hiner book and you're aiming for the April test, then you have the wrong book. The new Hiner book isn't out yet.
Yeah, that's the problem! :)

Do you have any suggestions as far as books? I don't know of any book following the new code, IBC 2006 :(

Back