SEII

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New York will allow you to sit for the SE II exam after having passed either the Civil exam or the SE I exam. When I took my PE exam in 1991 the SE I exam did not exist so I had a Civil PE. I was trying to get my SE license in Illinois and some western states. I figured, take the SE II exam first, thinking it was harder, figuring if I don't pass the SE II what's the sense of going back to take the SE I. So all in all I have passed three PE exams. :dunno:

Is this right that SEIII only for Washington State and Oregon State? SEII is national, how about SE III?

Last edited:
Is this right that SEIII only for Washington State and Oregon State? SEII is national, how about SE III?
SE III is only a west coast thing. CA, OR, and WA all require it for the SE nowadays...

SE III is only a west coast thing. CA, OR, and WA all require it for the SE nowadays...
Thanks McEngr. I don't see any review material for SE III any where though.

Thanks McEngr. I don't see any review material for SE III any where though.
I think it's located at the Washington State Board's website. I'll look into it and edit this message if I find it. :)

I appreciated McEngr. Seems that SE II and SEIII are much bigger hurdles comparing to PE. A friend of mine just passed both SE II and SE III this October. He took both exams this time, two 8 hours. : USA :

Last edited:
Back