See you in April...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneAG

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything yet and fingers and toes crossed but I thought it might be nice for those "runner's up" to have a place to vent.

I really hope I'm not a runner-up! I am a second timer for the FE and I REALLY don't want to do it again! PASS, PLEASE PASS!

Anxiously waiting in Utah...

I know no one is listed here yet, but as a new PE, i feel your pain/suffering/stress waiting. i can only wish you luck the next time around if you didnt pass, and if you are waiting, try something like some heavy drinking to take your mind off of things.

Am I the only one getting nervous that this thread doesn't have any takers? It seems like EVERYONE is passing... Now I'm getting dizzy thinking about results and that maybe I don't want to see them afterall.

^^I hear you, Stone. This is time #2 for me, and it seems like many repeaters are passing, piting the odds against me.

:mail-296: :holyness:

I'm hoping the third time's a charm because I don't want to have to study and go through the wait yet again. It really doesn't get any easier to wait for the results the more times you take the test.

I failed mine last April and I am going to take it again this coming April. I feel better this time but taking the combined wr/envl + construction on the first time it's offered has me worried.

Just hang in there guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting really nervous! Quite a few people got their results in the mail on Saturday and didn't recieve mine (Washington State). Hopefully the mail is just slow because of the holidays and not because I am a looser!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Sara :Locolaugh: :hung-037: :15:

Last edited:
I failed mine last April and I am going to take it again this coming April. I feel better this time but taking the combined wr/envl + construction on the first time it's offered has me worried.
Just hang in there guys!
I passed the test this time (first time taker), having taken the Testmaster's prep course. I would recommend you take this course or a similar one, because they have the best chance of being able to sift through the changes in the exam and preparing you adequately. Notice that a bunch of the prior tested knowledge has just been shifted from empasis area -- the construction area includes economics, which was formerly in the transportation section. Also, some of the prior structures stuff has been moved to construction, as well as some of the water resources and environmental questions.

If I had to take the test again, I would definitely attend the prep course, particularly because of the changes to the exam!

GOOD LUCK and maintain a positive attitude. That will help you more than you realize -- you WILL achieve what you believe (if you convince yourself you'll fail, you probably will -- instead convince yourself that THIS is the time you will PASS).

Failed 1st try - EE (Power). Haven't received the letter yet but my name was not on the GA board website so I already know. I just want the letter to see how poorly I did. No mail today. Guess it'll wait until after Christmas.

Failed 1st try - EE (Power). Haven't received the letter yet but my name was not on the GA board website so I already know. I just want the letter to see how poorly I did. No mail today. Guess it'll wait until after Christmas.
Stick around here KEG. Check out the electrical exam prep forum; there are several of us over there more than willing to help you through the next one.

Hang in there folks. I finally passed the exam. I've taken it several times. I took a very good class in Orlando this time. I also worked a lot of problems. Three or Four times more than in previous exams. If I can pass this thing...anyone can!!

Hang in there! I have a good friend sitting for the fifth time this April. He seems to be very optimistic about this turn! Keep your heads up, work hard and you can beat the NCEES! :p10940623:

Hang in there! I have a good friend sitting for the fifth time this April. He seems to be very optimistic about this turn! Keep your heads up, work hard and you can beat the NCEES! :p10940623:
I stopped counting. I will probably be back in April 08, since I did not study for Oct 07 but took it anyway. I just think it is a waste to let an exam date go by - even if you don't study. It is still good practice, and it is also funny how you are sooo relaxed when you know you are just there for the ride. You actually start laughing at the ridiculous proctors and the really uptight examinees. But I will be studying for April (barring any miracles) and I will be one of those uptight examinees again, I am sure.

yeah, I'm feeling pretty blue.

but maybe this is a good time to look at what I did wrong. have to say that I I did not give the prep enough time. I just skimmed the text and problems, and tabbed up my refs. I found that I did not have enough time during the exam to look up stuff that I should have known. :brickwall:

Well, work slows down during the winter here, and there is not nearly as much stuff to distract me this time of year, so I had better get crackin!

I took it (PE Power, Florida) last April, and failed. I will “consume” my second opportunity this April, focusing my efforts for the afternoon module, which really “killed me” last time. Good luck to all, and if you failed this time, learn from your bad experience and build up, with it, your confidence.

Thanks.

RC.

Opened the letter yesterday, hoping for a great Christmas present. Saw that there were two sheets of paper, and I knew. Verified the result by seeing the Failed header on the letter. I'll post my diagnostic tomorrow. Like an earlier poster, I went in "for the ride". I was hoping for a pass, but was basically taking a mulligan. I'm feeling pretty down today, mainly because I felt pretty good after the exam. I won't be re-taking in April, as my first child will be born in late February, but I'll take another crack at the 100-question Environmental Exam in Oct. '08.

No good news in the mail this weekend. It was my first attempt at the SE1. Looking over the other posts, I saw (from an Alabama posting) that the National passing rate for Structures was 36%. I am debating whether or not to re-take the SE1 or just go for the Civil exam (passing rate was a little better, 48% I believe). Of my colleagues, those that took the Civil passed the first time (whether or not they'd already attempted the SE1 or just 1st time Civil PE examiners). Seems like Civil may be more do-able than the SE. Any thoughts?

I'll be there in April....

Latest posts

Back