SE III October 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've attached the SEAW course notes introduction, it lays out the SEIII format.
In the attached file, wind load is included in the exam while in WA board website Wind load is not included. Which one is correct?

I've attached the SEAW course notes introduction, it lays out the SEIII format.
In the attached file, wind load is included in the exam while in WA board website Wind load is not included. Which one is correct?
The one on the board website shows that it was updated this year. The SEAW course notes I have are from last year, it looks like they removed wind load entirely. Can anyone confirm this?

So, after taking the exam, how did ya'll feel about your study materials? Was there books that you wish you would have gotten? What about books you didn't really use? I'm currently preparing to take the 2-day SE exam in April and am building my reference library.

I am glad that I had what I had.

I tend to leave some books at home and never take them to the exam. (They are mainly used as study aids.)

I personally don't use the SERM for anything other than general concrete design, so it is somewhat of a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad that I had what I had.
I tend to leave some books at home and never take them to the exam. (They are mainly used as study aids.)

I personally don't use the SERM for anything other than general concrete design, so it is somewhat of a waste.
Detailing of Masonry Shearwalls isn't bad in the SERM either.

Back