SE EXAM IN FLORIDA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ago1979

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I would like to know if somebody could help me to get information about where can I find the registration for the SE exam in Florida, actually I have PE/Structural License (I passed the 8hr Civil/Structural) in Florida but I want to give the next jump to the SE, but its impossible to me to find the info at the Florida board or any other web site.

Thanks

AG

Please check out www.fbpe.org -> Licensure -> Application Process -> Principles & Practice Examination (PE) or click the link below.

http://www.fbpe.org/...-examination-pe

NOTE: For your SE exam, fill out the additional discipline examination application (Fee = $125).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Finally I have what I need, but I have another question,how important is to become SE if I already have the PE license based on the civil/structural exam?

Ago1979,

You will probably be granfathered in Florida, but I would go ahead and take it. You never know where you will be in 20 years. I think FSEA is trying to push for the SE in Florida. I don't know how many years they are away... Maybe 2-8 years...

Back