Samples VS PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaocl

Johnnie Walker lover
Reaction score
Hi eveyone,

I will take my PE Mechanical Exam in this Oct. I have several general questions regarding the samples exam score compare to the real exam.

1. What is the avg score people did on the sample exam?

2. Let's said you score 30 in the morning and 27 in the afternoon for the sample exam (Lindenberg's sample exam). What did you score on the real PE exam?(Only apply for people who took before).....Did you tend to do better or worse on the exam?

Thanks.

You are going to have 3 problems here, #1 if you pass they don't tell you the score. And if you fail they don't actually tell you how many you really missed they just list percentages.

And thirdly the Lindenberg sample exam is ridiculously hard compared to the real thing IMHO.

You would be better served to get the NCEES Sample Exam instead.

Thank you, I know there is only one state give out score (Texas).

Lidenberg sample exam is hard but what is the "sample avg score" do people getting? 15 in the morning and 10 in the afternoom?

"LINDENBERG SAMPLE EXAM" --avg score

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much....I will expect to get at least 35/40 and 25/40 for the NCEE protice exam now...

The ncees exam was much closer to the actual exam and all of Lindburg'sproblems are good to use in prep for the test because if you can work lindburgs problems then you can work exam problems.

I found that Lindeberg was too hard and NCEES was too easy. So I would try both practice exams.

Back