Reza problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEin2010

Reaction score
Chapter 6

Problem #39 - part I, why did they not use the Pyramid method for volume calculation?

Problem #44 - How is it known that the Southeast corner of the property is located at station 13+20?? Did I just not see it? I spent 15 minutes trying to find it in the figure, but wasn't able to! do you know where it came from?

Problem #48 - the solution seems to use a very roundabout way to get the answer, anyone know of a quicker way? whats more i don't think im gonna have the time to do this entire calc in 3 mins!

Many thanks and good luck to all test takers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapter 6
Problem #39 - part I, why did they not use the Pyramid method for volume calculation?

Problem #44 - How is it known that the Southeast corner of the property is located at station 13+20?? Did I just not see it? I spent 15 minutes trying to find it in the figure, but wasn't able to! do you know where it came from?

Problem 39: Pyramid method is only used when one of the two end areas is insignificant. If you are looking at the cut section (2+50 - 6+00), your end areas would be zero on both ends, therefore, its useless.

Problem 44: I didn't even bother to solve this problem.

Problem 48: Reza told us not to do it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! for problem 39 though couldn't you break it up into two parts one from 2+50 to 3+00 and then from 3+00 to 6+00 ..i did that and the answer is different, essentially though if you break it up this way it still sets up equivalent to 2+50 to 6+00.

Chapter 6

Problem 39: Pyramid method is only used when one of the two end areas is insignificant. If you are looking at the cut section (2+50 - 6+00), your end areas would be zero on both ends, therefore, its useless.

Problem 44: I didn't even bother to solve this problem.

Problem 48: Reza told us not to do it...

Has anyone seen an errata to Rezas book? I have a second hand copy and there is alot of stuff that is obviously off by a half

Back