Review Class in NYC - School of PE or PPI?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP Junkie

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking a class, I failed on my first attempt 50/80. Good news is that my diagnostics report is a list of the topics I didn't have time to study... I will have more time to study this time around and I wonder if a class would be a good idea..

School of PE seems to get good reviews but the teacher for PPE is Ruwan Rajapakse who created all the construction module test books I bought (but never cracked open)...

Advice is welcome..

Thanks

I'm thinking about taking a class, I failed on my first attempt 50/80. Good news is that my diagnostics report is a list of the topics I didn't have time to study... I will have more time to study this time around and I wonder if a class would be a good idea..
School of PE seems to get good reviews but the teacher for PPE is Ruwan Rajapakse who created all the construction module test books I bought (but never cracked open)...

Advice is welcome..

Thanks
I took School of PE. My advice is in my other post "I'm an average guy..." To sum it up, School of PE prepares you really well for morning but you're on your own for the afternoon. Don't underestimate that though. In the construction module, multiple morning topics overlap into the afternoon unlike the other civil disiplines where only one topic overlaps. Many of my afternoon questions were just much harder versions of morning questions. Taking any course at all on any level will only help you. I'm not saying it will be worth the money though, that's up to you.

I have heard nothing but great feedback about Goswami's review course. He knows his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard nothing but great feedback about Goswami's review course. He knows his stuff.

He is the a big part of the reason for me thinking about the PPI course... That and I already went through about 60% of the recommended chapters in the Lindeburg books...

He is the a big part of the reason for me thinking about the PPI course... That and I already went through about 60% of the recommended chapters in the Lindeburg books...
Did you take Goswami's course? If so, were you not happy with his course?

I'm sure folks who are looking for a prep course to take would like to know.

Did you take Goswami's course? If so, were you not happy with his course?

I'm sure folks who are looking for a prep course to take would like to know.

The course starts July 30. I think I am going to take the PPI course. I like the fact that I'm familiar with the books they use and that the teacher is the author of books for the Construction module.

Back