Results to States

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd_chi02

Reaction score
Wait a minute ... we are all pretty smart guys & gals. :wtf:

Why would some states receive there results before others. :dunno:

Doesn't make since that NCEES would overnite the RESULTS to all states or testing agency at the same time? Because we know that or at least hope that NCEES is not sending this stuff out via regular postal service.

So if a state or agency is saying they don't have it they must be lying.

People are saying "NO" so we will stop asking. :thumbsup:

I emailed my state this morning, got this:

We have not received exam scores for the PE or FE as of yet. Once we receive them in our office we get them out to the applicants within 48 hours. I hope this helps you.

So why would NCEES send results to OHIO before anyone else?
I'm guessing that they send them out by state as they finish them. Maybe Ohio was just the first one done?

Or would it be better to wait until everything is scored before they are sent out? I'm undecided. On one hand, someone is first and someone is last...... or everyone finds out at the same time but it takes longer......

Not sold on that Idea?

All exams must be scored at the same time so that they may evaluate all the scores and do the statistical analysis. (I'm guessing)

Then after all the statistical magic is done and cut scores are determined. Walla

Then it seems to me that the database is sorted in from by states then highest to lowest scores.

Then NCEES would state that they recommend that the cut score be XXX/240.

Bundle the Dam thing up and send it to the states or agencies.

Of course they would overnite the results right ?

i think they do wait and guage all the results but I think they do have to physically mail some out in groups ahead of others, so like most non profit & govt employees they are slow and unmotivated, so not all of them get to the post office the same day

i think they do wait and guage all the results but I think they do have to physically mail some out in groups ahead of others, so like most non profit & govt employees they are slow and unmotivated, so not all of them get to the post office the same day
Agree. From our discussions in another thread we decided that around 35,000 people took the FE and PE. Have no idea how many take the surveying, but NCEES does that too.

If maybe half of those are direct mail examinees that's roughly 18,000 letters that have to be prepared and sent! Plus, diagnostics for some.

I know how long it takes me to prepare and send out my 80 Christmas cards - I can't imagine having to send out 18,000. Yeah, I'm guessing they all don't go out the same day.

And at the same time someone's got to prepare the lists to send to the states and EES and whoever else gets them.

sorry to :jacked: but this reminded me that I was supposed to by stamps for the xmas cards at lunch today.

Hello there,

Somebody from Texas here? Also someone from Florida needs to go to the mail box. Around this time of the day Rleon already had his letter last round.

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

The exam coordinators (ELSES, EES, etc.) get the results on disk from NCEES grouped by state. :true:

Don't know why some states are released before others. And, I am going to assume that results are released to state boards on disk as well (from the exam coordinators).

I emailed my state this morning, got this:
We have not received exam scores for the PE or FE as of yet.  Once we receive them in our office we get them out to the applicants within 48 hours.  I hope this helps you.
Dvinny --

I work for a State Agency. Guess what happens to the mail, especially when people go on vacation or leave :ruh:

I guess we will be stuck with :mail: for a bit.

JR

Back