Results 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah!!!I know who he is and is not GT_ME. Is a bad imitation though.

Just out of curiosity...What in the Blue Sky he is talking about? In 1981, when I I went to engineering school, the PE Tests was already an open book test. Or he does not have a clue what he is saying or he took the test when they still used abacus.
i was 1 yr old in 1981.
Me too.

Just out of curiosity...What in the Blue Sky he is talking about? In 1981, when I I went to engineering school, the PE Tests was already an open book test. Or he does not have a clue what he is saying or he took the test when they still used abacus.
i was 1 yr old in 1981.
Me too.
got you both beat. I was 2! (at least for the last quarter of '81)

you see...i gave everyone something to do today :multiplespotting:

NCEES needs to get the results out soon...everyone is losing thier minds here!

i was 1 yr old in 1981.
Me too.
got you both beat. I was 2! (at least for the last quarter of '81)
1981... what a year... I was 5. I bet if I had taken the PE when I was 5, it would have been really hard.

The reality is that the PE was never hard and will never be hard as long as it is an open book exam.
Many of the hardest exams I ever took were open book. Typically, when a test is closed book the exam material is pared down so that examines have some hope of being prepared for it. In my experience when an exam is open book the same does not hold true. Open book exams have a tendency to ask anything and everything with the rational being that if you have all the resources at your disposal you should be able to find the solution. The problem with this concept is that exams always have a time limit. Given an infinite time table to work the exam I would be inclined to agree that they could be pretty easy, but that is not the case.

As to the original topic, yes it seems to take a long time for the NCEES to grade the exams, I believe they have their reasons for that. I still contend that the only time people really care about how long it takes to get the results is when they are waiting on theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reality is that the PE was never hard and will never be hard as long as it is an open book exam.
Many of the hardest exams I ever took were open book. Typically, when a test is closed book the exam material is pared down so that examines have some hope of being prepared for it. In my experience when an exam is open book the same does not hold true. Open book exams have a tendency to ask anything and everything with the rational being that if you have all the resources at your disposal you should be able to find the solution. The problem with this concept is that exams always have a time limit. Given an infinite time table to work the exam I would be inclined to agree that they could be pretty easy, but that is not the case.

As to the original topic, yes it seems to take a long time for the NCEES to grade the exams, I believe they have their reasons for that. I still contend that the only time people really care about how long it takes to get the results is when they are waiting on theirs.
Take home exam is even harder than the open book exam.

I agree that the turnaround times to get the results from the PE exams should be faster, but there are other exams that need to be evaluated by hand, such as structural and geotechnical. The entire set of results from FE to SE II need to be "blessed" by the PELS Board before they're mailed to anyone. There's a process and with the furloughs in place, it will take longer than it should. It's just the way it is. Complaining about it won't make the process faster.

I passed years ago when the exam was actually hard.
I am usually just a lurker on forums, but this comment made me post a reply. That is absolutely the most arrogant, childish and idiotic thing I have ever seen on any forum. If you passed years ago, there is absolutely no reason that you should come to this forum and pull that crap. Then you just say that it is everyone else's problem because they are too sensitive and have anger issues. Why don't you go and be a "professional" engineer somewhere else and let us support each other as we wait for our results. I hope that you realize that of all of these replies, not a single person sides with you. By your responses, something tells me that you are used to these types of arguments and you like to stir the pot. That seems like a very lonely way to live life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back