Relay Reference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGlade

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source for reference on relay material?

Thanks in advance!

My personal favorite for relaying: Protective Relaying Principles and Applications by J. Lewis Blackburn.

My personal favorite for relaying: Protective Relaying Principles and Applications by J. Lewis Blackburn.
If you have exp in the field, this book is invaluable. However if you've never used or taken protection, this book is dense and difficult to use.

From what I remember from the exam, a basic undergrad power book will have everything you need, this is the one I studied from:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-System-Analysi...621&sr=8-11

(I also took my Blackburn books, the symmetrical components and the protective relaying ones, just FYI they're not excellent learning books, better references).

If you have exp in the field, this book is invaluable. However if you've never used or taken protection, this book is dense and difficult to use.
Maybe it is true but to be honest, from all the P&C books I have seen, is the less difficult to follow and use. Agree that you have to have some experience in the field but will not harm you to have this one during the PE test. Anyways the questions do not go that deep into the topic.

Back