Reference Material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertplant22

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a good source I can use as reference and also I can do some excercises from. The topics I want to cover are things such as power flow analysis and short circuit carculations in a one-line format.

I had been using Electrical, Machines, Drives, and Power Systems by Wildi for all other topics. This book is excellent but I think it falls a little short on the the other skills I'm looking to sharpen.

Thanks in advance

Have you looked at the Chelapati book? It doesn't follow the NCEES format in terms of example problems, but covers a broad range of topics. I bought a copy of this for my studies when I took the exam. I didn't do every problem but worked on some of them in areas I felt I needed to improve on.

You can read some reviews from others who also purchased the book in this thread. Hope that helps.

Knight1fox3, thanks for the response, I checked the Chelapati books; unfortunately I'm already running of cash. I did however, was able to get my hands on the handbook below. I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their problem solving skills on short circuit calcs.

Handbook of Elec Power Calcs by H. Wayne Beaty (is this the best handbook)

Back