Reference/Manuals/codes for AM/Water Resources PM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

june

Reaction score
I am planning to take the Water resources PM for Civil PE. I have the CERM 11th edition, a few 6-minute solutions books, some water treatment/hydraluics text books, green book (from a friend).

Can someone please let me know if there are any other codes/reference books I would need for the AM and PM section. The codes are way too expensive and dont want to buy them if I dont need them. Does water resources PM need any codes/manuals?

I am planning to take the Water resources PM for Civil PE. I have the CERM 11th edition, a few 6-minute solutions books, some water treatment/hydraluics text books, green book (from a friend).
Can someone please let me know if there are any other codes/reference books I would need for the AM and PM section. The codes are way too expensive and dont want to buy them if I dont need them. Does water resources PM need any codes/manuals?
"Wastewater Engineering Treatment and Reuse", 4th edition by Metcalf and Eddy.

"Handbook of Hydraulics", 7th edition by Brater, King, Lindell, and Wei.

These and the CERM are all I used for the PM and I passed, but it could vary for each exam.

Two of my coworkers tell me they looked into no other book but the CERM on exam day, both took WR/ENV and passed first attempt.

Thank you for the reply. Can you please tell me what references I need to take for AM section? Do I need any codes? I only have the ASHTO green book. Do I need something for structural AM?

Thank you for the reply. Can you please tell me what references I need to take for AM section? Do I need any codes? I only have the ASHTO green book. Do I need something for structural AM?

While I have never read anything official, it is my strong suspicion that no special codes/standards are needed for the AM. I don't think it would be fair for NCEES to expect everyone to buy multiple codes for all 5 subjects. It is, however, reasonable for them to expect you to buy the appropriate codes/stds for your depth topic. The CERM should be fine for the morning (I don't think you'll even need your AASHTO). In fact, with Water as your depth topic, you may not need much more than the CERM in the afternoon. Good luck.

Back