Ref Mat

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indeng

Reaction score
There used to be a statement in the candidate agreement saying "No books geered at solving engineering problems" could be used, and gave an example of a few...

I don't see that statement anywhere, and in fact now it just says notes can be brought into the exam, but it has to be in a 3ring binder.

im taking the SE2, can i just bring all my notes, bound?

well.... scratch that, i guess its stated in the idfpr, which is different then what NCEES just sent me.

Acually....

The the following references are NOT permitted...

"unbound notes"

does this mean that "bound notes" are permitted...

Acually....

"unbound notes"

Yes, you may bring in bound notes (at least in CA)... Unbound notes are not allowed to prevent people from passing papers back and forth (cheating).

Last edited by a moderator:
Acually....

"unbound notes"

Since you mentioned idfpr I'll assume you're in IL.

I don't know about the SE2, but for the PE, IL won't let us use ANY notes, bound or not. All references must be copyrighted and bound by the publisher. I don't know what the motivation is and it seems terribly unfair, but as far as I can tell, it's the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acually....

"unbound notes"

I don't know about the SE2, but for the PE, IL won't let us use ANY notes, bound or not. All references must be copyrighted and bound by the publisher. I don't know what the motivation is and it seems terribly unfair, but as far as I can tell, it's the truth.
thanks for the input!

under IDFPR, it says "unbound notes", but then later says all books must be copyrighted...

Acually....

"unbound notes"

thanks for the input!

under IDFPR, it says "unbound notes", but then later says all books must be copyrighted...
I had a binder of notes taken from me during the SE II in October. I used the same one the day before during the SE I without any problems. At the lunch break of the SE II, I got rid of all references that weren't codes specifically listed as reference materials by NCEES because I was afraid of getting kicked out.

Long story short, taking the exam in Illinois sucks.

Back