Recommendation Sil Vous Plait: Ultrabooks vs Surface Pro

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue 8

Reaction score
Hey all. Heading to Japan for a new job, need a device to keep me busy for the 13 hr flight. I have an older 2008 Dell laptop that is breaking at the hinges but still works! Would like a lighter device that won't embarrass me in public. I was looking at the Surface Pro but reviews are giving the key board (which is an additional cost) a thumbs down. I'm an Android gal with the phone so not sure about the macbooks but they seem versatile. Any recommendations for the Microsoft Ultrabooks? Maybe an iPad will do.

Gracias!

IMO (and as the owner of a small computer business), the surface pro is very versatile, portable, and provides the means to do real work. I like that it has a usable full-size USB port (not typical of other portables) and also an HDMI output port. Which means it can be connected to a larger monitor/projector/flat screen for presentations and the like. The performance specs (for version 3) are pretty good too.

If you do some searching around, you might be able to find a deal where the keyboard is included. I've even found deals for co-workers where not only the keyboard was included, but a copy of MS Office standard too. Now that's a bonus since the basic Office runs $200 or more.

l'espoir qui aide

(4 years of French ;) )

That did help. ? thank you so much. Now off to find these deals. I'm hoping to find sales for memorial day too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back