Re-Applying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMiller

Reaction score
This doesn't have any bearing on how I feel about my performance on the exam, but I want to make sure I am prepared if I have to re-apply. If you fail, do you have to completely re-apply, or is there a shortened process for previous failures?

Thanks.

-AM

This doesn't have any bearing on how I feel about my performance on the exam, but I want to make sure I am prepared if I have to re-apply. If you fail, do you have to completely re-apply, or is there a shortened process for previous failures?

Thanks.

-Andrew

The board will send you an new application with the bad news, they just verify your address and ask you to submit a check and your are in for the next round. The refile date is typically after the close of the open filing period so just be aware that they will let you take the exam again even if you do not hear from them till past the filing date. Lets hope this information is worthless, good luck

I am a current repeat-taker. When you log into the NCEES website to determine your results, if you will either see a letter stating you failed and a diagnostic report given your results on each discipline. Furthermore, when you fail, you are given the option (when the exam dates to apply are open) to re-apply through that website. It's an easy one click process really. Much easier than the original application process. I realize each state may differ slightly, but I am pretty sure this would be the typical standard practice.

Back