RCDD exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEPE

Reaction score
I was just wondering how valuable the RCDD certification is? I would like to take the exam anyways just to have the certification, but I wonder how I may qualify for the two years of experience that they are asking for. Have anyone taken the exam that can give me some pointers and what did you put as your qualification.

Thanks,

We have one RCDD in my office, but he never does design related work anymore. I guess it is one of those back pocket kind of things that can either make you more marketable or too expensive when looking for a new job.

I was thinking about taking it as well, especially since I'm on a hot streak. :p

I was just wondering how valuable the RCDD certification is?
I have not taken this exam, and don't plan to as I don't deal with low voltage communications enough to make it worthwhile. I do think it is a valuable certification if you are/want to be in low voltage/communication work, several of the people I know who focus in that are RCDD's. I have dealt with a few projects that require the low voltage contractor to have an RCDD on staff and integral to the project.

I have not taken this exam, and don't plan to as I don't deal with low voltage communications enough to make it worthwhile. I do think it is a valuable certification if you are/want to be in low voltage/communication work, several of the people I know who focus in that are RCDD's. I have dealt with a few projects that require the low voltage contractor to have an RCDD on staff and integral to the project.
MasterSpec specifications have sections on requiring an RCDD or a Level I or II installer, etc.

There are new requirements now in order to qualify to take the exam. I Wonder if it is really worth it to go through the process. Anybody have any insight as to how useful the certification really is?

Back