Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lower middle teeth are crowding more as I get older, and I just took a big chunk out of one while flossing :(.  It must have cracked from the overlap and popped out, because from what I can feel and see, it cracked almost completely parallel to the tooth next to it.  

the corner of my big front tooth chipped once for NO REASON and i almost died in the 4 hours before I had it fixed. i felt like my whole tooth had fallen out and I had a big hole in my mouth but really nobody could even see it. When can I get dentures? 

the corner of my big front tooth chipped once for NO REASON and i almost died in the 4 hours before I had it fixed. i felt like my whole tooth had fallen out and I had a big hole in my mouth but really nobody could even see it. When can I get dentures? 
Half my front left upper tooth is fake/bonded.  Courtesy of an exercise ball to the face mid-beer drink.  Mouth of the bottle hit the tooth, and blammo, instant snaggle tooth.

Anyone else randomly feel like they have no clue what the hell they're doing?

I work very close to the Billy Graham Library/HQ, and today and tomorrow are the visitation days.  I'm not looking forward to the pending traffic shit-show...

^ sounds like an opportunity to "work from home". :D
If it weren't for a massive project being at full steam right now, I probably would.  Too much to do at home without dual monitors and coworkers 15 feet away.

If it weren't for a massive project being at full steam right now, I probably would.  Too much to do at home without dual monitors and coworkers 15 feet away.
Wait, people don't have (3) or more monitors at home like me? :dunno:

And the co-workers thing seems like it would be more of a hindrance than help. :)

Wait, people don't have (3) or more monitors at home like me? :dunno:

And the co-workers thing seems like it would be more of a hindrance than help. :)
I have the big-mamma-jamma monitor at home, but can't transfer any files to it, and do not have a docking station for the work laptop to connect to anything.  Nuclear security and all that jazz.  Legally, if I managed to put any work files on my personal PC, they have right to search and seizure...

I have the big-mamma-jamma monitor at home, but can't transfer any files to it, and do not have a docking station for the work laptop to connect to anything.  Nuclear security and all that jazz.  Legally, if I managed to put any work files on my personal PC, they have right to search and seizure...
Docking station? Are those things still even used? LOL  A simple HDMI/DVI/VGA cable (& hub if using mult. displays) would accomplish virtually the same thing. Then no need to transfer files at all. My company employs similar security measures that I used to see at Exelon Nuclear so I'm familiar with no copying of data in addition to other strict policies.

We use them exclusively.  My laptop is so old you can't even use it without a docking station because the battery is dead.  To give you an idea, they were destroying hard drives and throwing the laptops out when they were turned in after the big layoffs.  And we're talking THOUSANDS of them.

We use them exclusively.  My laptop is so old you can't even use it without a docking station because the battery is dead.  To give you an idea, they were destroying hard drives and throwing the laptops out when they were turned in after the big layoffs.  And we're talking THOUSANDS of them.
How-to-delete-My-Computer.gif

Back